Sunday, May 7, 2017

Weekly Update 5/5/17

 

This week's SHS Faculty PD!

Town Budget Hearing - Tuesday, May 9th - 7 pm - SHS Auditorium

World Language Honors Night - Thursday, May 11th - 7 pm - SHS Auditorium

Freshmen Spring Dance - Friday, May 12th - 7-10 - SHS Cafeteria

This past week SHS celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week.  I would like to thank the Booster Club, Parent Council, and the Student Council for all the treats this week.  Below is a pic of the cake from the Student Council!

There Once was a Teacher 

There once was a teacher
Who thought I was bright
And now I can see
That the teacher was right

That teacher is you
You believed in me
You opened my eyes
And helped me to see

To see my potential
To see that my mind
Is open to learning
Where once I was blind

Thank you for seeing
What I could not see
Thank you my teacher
For believing in me

Senior Prom Early Dismissal Requirements - Seniors only!  Click here for requirements .

Attention Parents & Students - NASSP Virtual College Fair will take place on Wednesday, May 25, 2017, 2pm-10pm ET.  NASSSP expects to have 40+ colleges and universities available to engage our students and families, as early as grade 9, and student affairs administrators and financial aid experts available to support seniors on their way to college. All high schools and leaders with whom NASSP has a relationship (Membership with NASSP, NASC, and NHS) are welcomed to attend.  More information may be found here.

Our Music Department held their first Music Banquet on Thursday evening at Ralph's Catering in Cranston. 43 senior students were celebrated for their accomplishments and growth in the program over the past four years. 30 students were also inducted into the Tri-M Music Honor Society. Students had to maintain a high GPA, attend monthly meetings and complete service projects to qualify for membership. Tri-M Seniors received pink cords to wear at Graduation. Great job to our SHS Music students!  




HAVE A GREAT WEEK!